Sunday, July 28, 2013

You've Got Mail

So it is raining in Ahmedabad, and weather is lovely.  It has brought down the temperature too.  My toes are feeling kind of cold and I would like to curl up under the blanket and go lie down and read.  Pride and Prejudice.  Yes, it is that kind of weather.  I have read the same book so many times, I now just flip through the book and jump to my favourite parts in the book.

“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”


This part, where Darcy proposes to Elizabeth always, always gives a funny feeling in my tummy.  But I didn't do that.  Instead I just went through first 3 episodes of BBC series (forwarded to my favourite parts) decided to watch You've Got Mail instead.

Watching it gave me goosebumps.  I could totally relate to the anticipated arrival of the email in my inbox and the general excitement that has surrounded me last few days.

I just paused the movie where they get to know about the Fox bookstore.  Because just before that, they discuss Pride and Prejudice in their emails exchange.  What are the odds. *winks*

Know what? I honestly do not care if people think I am way too filmy for my own good.  I mean, I know my life may not be like the movies I watch, and how they build up way too many expectations, but the reality that I've seen around, and the cynicism that surrounds it, I'd rather be happy hoping for eternal romance than live my life cynically and angry at everyone.  I don't know if the person on the other end is equally anxious? Or whether the only time the person thinks of me is when he sees the new mail? Or has the person spent the day in agony over not being able to check mails? How does one even know the answers to these questions?

Now, you guys, go ahead and brace yourself for a wonderful week ahead, because my instincts tell me this is going to be an eventful week.

And it is 2013. About time we come up with something that lets us see real-time reactions of people as soon as they read message/mails/answer phonecalls.

 

No comments: