Monday, October 11, 2010

Navratri Blah Blah

So the festival season is on. I am one of those loserly persons who doesn't find the festivals exciting. For me, festivals mean crazy traffic even at midnight, excessive use of loud speakers which play lame filmy songs, giant insects which appear out of nowhere to find their way right inside your clothes even before you have time to react, and basically, too much chaos.

Now a lot of people love this chaos of Navratri. Those who like all this madness wait for the whole year just so they can dance themselves silly in these 9 nights. For a lot of people they not only match steps during these nights, but also end up finding their match! When we were in school, our crazy principals used to give us lectures and Dos and Don'ts during Navratri. One of their favourite gyaanline was "Your dancing partner is not your life partner". Whenever she would utter these pearls of wisdom, the 14 year olds would giggle. Sigh.

Also, it is eve teasers haven. On seeing pretty women in backless cholis they all feel that htey have died and reached heaven. But in Amdavad, I think the eve teasers aren't bold enough to go on a groping rampage. Not taht I am complaining.

But somehow, getting dressed up is just not me. I hate to put my feet in the grass/ground because, well, they get dirty, and I don't like that feeling. I don't like the jewellery. The necklaces and all - they kind of suffocate me. So, I am the kind of person who wouuld prefer doing garba in trackpants and t-shirt, wearing sneakers (with socks).

But, having said that, I would really like to go out for a midnight drive, have a cup of chai and maska bun, or go to manekchowk in the old city and have their pav bhaji and experience teh vibrancy of the place at midnight.

So, anyone out there in Ahmedabad? :)

6 comments:

Astha said...

Me me me me... I'm here :)

Unknown said...

another blog?

nice post. i do like dressing up but can't dance to save my life! midnight snacking is always fun though. :)

Anonymous said...

U r literally begging for a stalker.... yes, that's right lady, u r. U know whu dis.

Nirwa said...

@ Astha

Yea? in the city? give me a buzz sometime.. :)

@ Mehak

Sigh, I know, I am a bit weird, and it is quite an annoying thing to keep track of people's blog urls, but I promise - this is the last one! :D

btw, how about showing me around your ofc campus someday? :D

@ Anonymous

Yeah, right.

Nirwa said...

@ Astha

Yea? in the city? give me a buzz sometime.. :)

@ Mehak

Sigh, I know, I am a bit weird, and it is quite an annoying thing to keep track of people's blog urls, but I promise - this is the last one! :D

btw, how about showing me around your ofc campus someday? :D

@ Anonymous

Yeah, right.

Nirwa said...

okay, clicked post twice, and am too lazy to delete the additional comment! :D