Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Avatari

I love thrillers.

Even better if they are mystical thrillers.

Raghu Srinivasan brilliantly executes a story that had me gripped to it from beginning to end.  I did not want to sleep because I wanted to finish reading this almost 500 page long story because the suspense was not letting me sleep.

I am not a great reader, so I cannot call myself a critic either.  But as someone who'd pick up Indian authors because I like reading familiar stories of familiar places, I was in for a fabulous surprise because none of the main characters are Indians.

Srinivasan made me want to look up and read more about Marco Polo and about Kublai Khan and about Ghenghis Khan and everyone the book talks about. 

I think if an author leaves you craving for more, the job is very well done.

Raghu Srinivasan, thank you for a brilliant weekend.

Name: The Avatari
Price: Rs. 399
Courtesy: Flipkart

1 comment:

Uma Sudhindra said...

Couldn't agree more...he has a way of piquing your curiosity!