Monday, March 7, 2011

Closure

Some relationships just drift apart. You could be the best of friends today, and you suddenly, for no reason, drift apart, and the next thing you know, it has been two years since you last talked to your best friend and when you do call up your friend, she's pregnant already. (yea, you were not even invited to the wedding)

Like every other thing in the universe, whether being emotional is good or bad, is a highly subjective matter. There is no limit set that being emotionally involved with something or someone is the ideal limit. It all depends on how your brains and heart are wired.

My brain and heart are wired in a very weird manner. I get attracted to all the wrong men in the world. And attracted, not only in the romantic way. It could be purely platonic way, but then, there is this thing about me where I suffer from verbal diarrhoea.

I love to talk. I can talk incessantly and incoherently for hours and still not get tired. In fact, so much of talking and laughing releases all the happy hormones in me and I get a tremendous high and can stay awake for 24 hours straight.

I was introduced to Rajat through a common friend when we were in the last year of college. he was a two years senior to us and we hit it off instantly. We would hang out together in the group and like every other romantic comedy movie, we would hang out together more than the rest of the junta.

Our phone calls lasted till wee hours in the morning, and we would still have lots to talk about. Rather, I would have lots to talk about. All this while, we were great friends. We didn't quite realise when we stopped going out with the rest of the gang, and it was just us at the movies and pizzas and coffees.

And then, suddenly, he stopped answering my calls.

What hurt me more was the fact that I was totally clueless as to what went wrong. It was all going great, we were having fun, laughing, talking, and suddenly, poof! he went out of my life as if he never was!

It took me eight to ten months to get over the pain the very dear friend of mine had given. It also took lots of coffee and 4 am calls where I would call my best friend Preeti and I would cry for no reason and she would patiently listen to me without giving me all the gyaan others would've provided. Now, I'm not sure if she was listening or just sleeping while I ranted my way, though!

World is too small, they say. Very rarely, and only in movies do paths cross again. I never thought of Rajat again.

Today, after five years since I last saw him, I came face to face to him again. Where we both acted as strangers, as if nothing ever existed between us. His parents are looking for a bride for him, he told me.

As we exchanged goodbyes, I somehow, felt liberated. The ghost of the past no more bothers me, and I am ready to move on.

:)

So all you single men out there.. :P here is your chance! :P :P

PS - it is all fiction! :D just written in first person narrative! :D

No comments: