Sunday, June 22, 2014

Senses

Have you ever wondered if your black is the same as my black? Or your taste of sugar is the same as mine?

We all agree sugar tastes sweet, but is your sweet the same as mine? What if it tastes salty to you, but for you, every sweet thing you ate has been salty, but you have just grown up believing that salty is actually sweet and hence you never realised.

What if the red I see is different from the red you see? Maybe both of us see the same red, but different shades? What if what is red to me is actually blue to you but you have always known what you see as blue as red and hence even though we are seeing the same stuff, we are actually seeing different stuffs but are never realising shit like that.

Similarly smell, touch and hearing. Are we all in sync here?

What if you see something else written here, but are able to comprehend because your brain was trained to comprehend it that way.

Doesn't it ever freak you out?

I sometimes do. Especially when I tell people that some people blink loudly. I mean, you cannot hear them, but they blink it so loudly, you can hear them.

And there are times when I think I could taste colours. Not really taste them, but sometimes I think that if I could taste them, some colours would taste and smell like that. 

I think orange would taste bitter.  That is the only colour I have figured out the taste of. 

Maybe I should just go sleep.

The entity reading this as I type this also wants me to sleep so it can stare at me as I sleep.

No comments: